Nutrition Tip: How to Eat More Leafy Greens
Leafy greens are good for you.
You've been around here long enough to know that 🤣
But how can you eat them outside of your salad bowl 🥗?
Let's count the ways - actually four ways! View the photos for different ideas on how to incorporate more greens.
See Egg Bake Recipe Below
Here's a quick egg bake recipe:
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 scallions, diced
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup leafy greens (like spinach), shredded
- 2 Tbs feta cheese
- 2 Tbs basil, fresh, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Wash and dice the pepper, scallions, and tomatoes and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop spinach and basil.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl.
- Grease muffin tin. You can also grease muffin liners to make clean up a snap.
- Place beaten eggs in bowl with vegetables and herb and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into muffin pan or cups.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until set.
Schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation to see how Cedardale's Registered Dietitians can help you with your nutrition needs.
Contact the Nutrition Department with any questions at 978-373-1596 or by email at [email protected]
Enter your information below to receive information on how you can get started at Cedardale Health & Fitness.