Recipe of the Month: InstaPot Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about (1 ½ - 2 lb)
- 1.25 oz packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 ½ c. thick and chunky salsa
- ½ c. water or chicken broth
- Taco Toppings: Corn or Soft Shell Tortillas and optional toppings such as: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, pico de gallo, guacamole, jalapenos, cilantro, shredded cheese, etc.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of an Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on top of chicken breasts.
- Pour salsa over the top followed by water or chicken broth.
- Close pressure cooker, making sure the vent knob is pointing to a sealed position. Cook on high
- Pressure for 7 minutes for fresh chicken breasts, 11 minutes for frozen chicken breasts.
- After it is done cooking allow it to release naturally for 5 minutes, and then do a quick release if needed.
- When the chicken is done cooking shred with two forks in the Instant Pot. Stir to mix all ingredients together.
- Serve on corn or soft shell tortillas and top with favorite taco toppings.
Enter your information below to receive information on how you can get started at Cedardale Health & Fitness.