Do you need help managing your diabetes? Then this program is perfect for you. Our successful 90-Day HealthyLIVING program now has a version tailored specifically for those with Diabetes. You will learn how to make lasting behavior changes to support a healthy lifestyle and manage your blood sugars. Topics covered will include:
- The basics of diabetes and blood sugar control
- Exercise and managing your blood sugars
- Medication and insulin management
- Glycemic Index, carb counting, and exchange lists
- Macronutrients 101 - carbohydrates, protein, and fat
- Meal planning and recipe modifications
- Strategies for dining out and social occasions
- Stress management
- Intuitive and Mindful Eating
Class is led by a Registered Dietitian. Each week you will meet for two hours as a group. The first hour or so is discussion. This is when you will talk as a group and go over our topic for the week. The second half of class is the exercise portion. Workouts incorporate strength and aerobic training and are designed for those living with diabetes.
The program consists of an initial and final assessment, which will be completed prior to the start of the program and upon completion. This is followed by 12 weeks of group classes. You will meet with your dietitian one-on-one to help you work on an individualized meal plan for managing your diabetes.
- 12 Weekly 2-hour group sessions
- Minimum of two individual nutrition counseling session with a Registered Dietitian
- Exercise Guidance
- Group camaraderie and support
- Rental of a MyZone Heart Rate Monitor
- Access to a nutrition portal to interact directly with your dietitian and others in the group
- Meal journaling and feedback
- Regular communication with your Registered Dietitian
Next Information Session: TBD
Next Session Date: TBD
*The HealthyLIVING programs are open to Cedardale members and non-members.
Interested in learning more about our HealthyLIVING Diabetes program? For more information on insurance, cost and registration, follow this link, contact our Nutrition Department at [email protected] or call (978) 373-1596. We can't wait to get you started!
Enter your information below to receive information on how you can get started at Cedardale Health & Fitness.