A Recipe to Warm You up During the Snow
Brittany Kelley RD, LDN
In case you haven’t already heard, we’re getting some snow this weekend. Actually, close to a foot! And here in New England, when it snows it pours. For those that will be staying indoors to stay safe during the storm Sunday night I hope this recipe helps keep you full and warm. It’s a great meal that can last into leftovers and has plenty of protein to help keep you full. It might even be the perfect meal to enjoy while watching the Pats play on Sunday night!
Serves Serves 6 ADJUST SERVINGS
- ●1.5lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ●1large sweet potato, diced
- ●1large onion, diced
- ●1bell pepper, diced
- ●1 28-ozcan petite diced tomatoes
- ●1 32-ozcarton low-sodium chicken broth
- ●2tablespoons ground cumin
- ●2tablespoons smoked paprika
- ●1tablespoon garlic powder
- ●pinch of salt and cayenne pepper
- ●1 15-ozcan black beans, drained and rinsed
- ●Optional garnishes: Tortilla chips, plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro, and lime
- Place all ingredients except black beans and garnishes in the metal insert of the instant pot. Secure the lid and turn the venting nozzle to point towards "sealing."
- Push the "Soup" button and adjust the time to 20 minutes.
- When timer goes off, push "Keep Warm/Cancel." Turn the venting nozzle towards "venting" to release steam. Tip: push the nozzle towards venting with a wooden spoon so you can keep your hands far away from the steam.
- When all the steam has been released, unlock and remove the lid. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Add the chicken back to the pot with the black beans and stir.
- Top with garnishes of your choice and enjoy!
Anne @ fANNEtastic food