Summer Swim & Dive Team 2023
The Cedardale Swim Team is part of the Summer Aquatic League (SAL). We welcome all Cedardale members ages 4 (as long as they can swim unassisted) through 18 who are looking to be part of the team and can meet the prerequisites below. We have swimmers of all abilities on the team from year-round club swimmers to swimmers who are new to being on a swim team. This is not a suitable alternative to swim lessons. The primary goal of the summer team is to have fun. We aim to create an environment in which participants can learn and refine their competitive strokes while having the opportunity to make new friends and enjoy their summers here at Cedardale.
We compete against other summer clubs in the area. Dual meets hosted by Cedardale will be held on Wednesday or Friday mornings. Dual meets hosted by opposing teams will be scheduled based upon their home pool availability. The meet schedule will not be available until after our League Meeting held the week of Memorial Day. We typically have approximately 5 meets per summer based upon team availability. We strongly encourage all team members to participate in meets.
Swim team practices are broken up by age group and are held weekday mornings. The schedule by age group is below. We do not have attendance requirements for practice. In regards to meets, if you are unable to attend, it is very important that we are notified in writing as soon as possible since with a team of about 125-150 swimmers, it does take some time to organize a meet lineup. For all meets, we will need parent volunteers to help with running the meet (timers, ribbons, runners, etc).
The Cedardale Dive Team has meets in conjunction with our Swim Team meets and many members participate in both swimming and diving. Diving practice is held 2 days per week and is broken into 2 age groups (12 and Under and 13 and Over). In order to participate in Dive Team, you do need to meet the prerequisites below of knowing a front dive, back dive, and an optional dive. Diving typically is scheduled just prior to or at the start of the meets, except for SAL Dive Championships which normally falls on the Thursday prior to our SAL Swim Championships.
- All participants must be a member of Cedardale.
- Swimmers 7 and Older should be able to complete one length of the pool (25yds) of both Freestyle/ Crawl stroke and Backstroke. Many swimmers who are new to the swim team may also participate in our group lessons in order to refine their skills and get extra work learning the 4 competitive strokes (Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle).
- 6 and Under swimmers should be able to be independent in the water. They are welcome to use flotation (and should if they are unable to complete a full length without it) but please note that this is not a suitable replacement for swim lessons. The ratio between coach and swimmer is much higher than in our swim lesson program (4-5 swimmers per instructor). Any 6 and Unders needing flotation must provide their own. We only permit back bricks and arm bands at Cedardale (no puddle jumpers or life jackets).
- Participants on the Dive Team must be able to complete a hurdle or approach to forward dives, a Front/ Forward Dive, a Back Dive, and an Optional Dive. If you do not have these prerequisites, you are encouraged to participate in our diving clinics.
- Swim Team and Dive Team Start Date
Note: Registration Deadline is Wednesday, June 28th - Registration Link below
PROJECTED END-OF-SEASON DATES:
6 and Under Swim Championships
Thursday, August 10, 2023
Summer Aquatic League Championships
Saturday August 12, 2023
End-of-Season Team Celebration
Wednesday August 16, 2023
**Please note that the end-of-season dates are subject to change based upon the League's final schedule (will not be determined until the League Meeting after Memorial Day)**
Swim or Dive Team Only: $190
Swim and Dive Team: $240
Swim Team I (14+ Yrs and older) Monday - Friday | 9:00 - 10:00 am
Swim Team II (Ages 11 - 13 yrs old) Monday - Friday | 10:00 - 10:45 am
Swim Team III (Ages 7 - 10 yrs old) Monday - Friday | 10:45 - 11:30 am
6 & Under Swim Team (4 - 6 yrs old) Mon., Tues., + Thurs. | 11:30 am - 12 noon
Divers 12 + Under Mondays | 1:30 - 2:30 pm
Thursdays | 8:00 - 9:00 am
Divers 13+ Mondays | 8:00 - 9:00 am
Thursdays | 1:30 - 2:30 pm
REGISTRATION: Registration Required
Deadline: June 28th
These clinics are a daily sign-up and are for children who are just learning to dive or who are not quite ready for the diving team. Space is limited and has filled very fast in the past.
- Clinics will be held from June 22nd-August 10th.
- Monday + Thursday | 2:30 - 3:00 pm
- Fee: $8.00/clinic
- Daily Signup at Outdoor Desk or Member Portal starting 24 hours in advance
We also offer private lessons in both swimming and diving. Juniors must be a member of Cedardale during the summer months to be able to do private lessons. Our ability to accommodate is dependent on our swim instructor/ coach schedules and your availability. If you are interested in arranging private lessons please email [email protected] or call (978)373-1596, x159.
If you have any questions regarding participation or registration on any of the above please contact us at [email protected]. We are happy to help answer any questions you may have.
Enter your information below to receive information on how you can get started at Cedardale Health & Fitness.