Cedardale Health & Fitness - Haverhill, MA
Cedardale Health & Fitness is currently seeking an experienced Fitness Director whose primary responsibility is to oversee the daily operations of Cedardale’s Fitness Department, supervise and mentor the Personal Training staff, create and implement fitness programs, provide a safe and diverse workout environment for members of all ages and abilities.
The Fitness Director is expected to provide the highest quality service to all clients, members, and internal customers. The right candidate must be highly motivated and have a passion for fitness and improving members' quality of life.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training fitness employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes team results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance; conducting training; implementing & enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy environment by establishing and enforcing personal training standards and procedures; educating team members on proper form and technique to maintain safety goals.
- Develops schedules; assigns and monitors work; implements productivity standards; resolves departmental problems; maintains reference manuals; implements new procedures.
- Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information; scheduling expenditures; monitoring variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Makes recommendations to managers and owners for new fitness capital improvement purchases.
- Collaborates with Programming Director and Marketing Department to develop, communicate, and market fitness programs.
- Maintains fitness equipment inventory.
- Manages fitness equipment preventative maintenance and repair.
- Manages CSC/Team Training Space & Specialty Paid Programs.
- Manages internal fitness/PT leads from CRM, tracks, and follows-through on leads.
- Stays current on latest wellness/fitness industry trends.
- Conducts in-house training sessions on fitness-related topics for all Cedardale employees.
- Enforces Cedardale’s code of professionalism & quality and member service standards.
- Maintains a clean and organized facility and fitness area.
- Promotes Cedardale amenities, services, and events.
- Interacts with members in a customer-friendly way.
- Responds to member inquiries and concerns related to fitness, equipment & programs in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates professionalism with internal and external customers consistently.
- Current Nationally Recognized Personal Training Certification
Competitive Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- In club benefits
- Continuing Education and Clothing stipend
Please send resume to:
Andrew Gunberg, Executive Director
Cedardale Health + Fitness
931 Boston Road
Haverhill, MA 01835
Enter your information below to receive information on how you can get started at Cedardale Health & Fitness.