- Do I need to be a Cedardale member to participate in classes?
Unless otherwise noted, all of our group exercise classes are membership-based.
- Do I have to pay for Group Exercise classes?
All of our group exercise classes are included in your membership, unless otherwise noted.
- Can I bring a friend or family member to class that isn’t a member?
Although our classes are not open to non-members, you as a member can purchase a guest pass and register your friend for the class through our Reception Desk. We have a guest form on our website to make it easy for you. Keep in mind some classes may not be available for guests due to their popularity with our members.
- Can I try out a class before registering as a member?
If you are interested in trying a class(es), please contact our Membership Department.
- Do I need to register for group exercise classes?
Yes! It is our policy to register for all group exercise classes. Click here to find more information on how to register.
- How far in advance can I register for classes?
Class registration opens 24 hours in advance for the majority of our classes. Special event classes open 7 days in advance. Intro classes open 30 days in advance.
- When does registration for classes close?
Registration will close 30 minutes before the scheduled start time for class. If you wish to join the class after registration closes, please call or stop by our Reception desk to see if there is still space available.
- Is there a waitlist for classes?
Yes, if a class is full, a waitlist will start. If someone cancels their registration, the first person on the waitlist will be automatically enrolled in the class and receive an email notification.
- Can I cancel my registration?
Yes, you can easily cancel your registration on the app, portal, or by calling the Reception desk. Please make sure you cancel if you can no longer attend class to allow someone on the waitlist to attend.
- I’m new to group exercise classes. Where do I start?
- If you are new to class, please arrive 5-10 minutes early so our instructors can introduce themselves and help you get set up. Be sure to let the instructor know you are new so they can help you.
- We also recommend all new group exercise participants attend one of our Intro Classes, even if it is not the same type of class. This will help you get comfortable with the studios, equipment, and instructors. We offer intro classes for Spin, BodyPump, Zumba, Yoga, Barre, Pilates, and TRX.
- What should I bring to class?
We recommend participants bring a water bottle and towel (if necessary) for all classes. All other equipment is provided.
- What should I wear to class?
- Please wear appropriate, comfortable clothes that are easy to move in.
- Proper footwear is also required. We recommend sneakers for most classes.
- Cycle shoes with SPD clips are compatible with our bikes, but sneakers are appropriate as well.
- Yoga, Barre, Pilates, and Meditation classes are often performed barefoot or with socks on.
- Please note: shoes are required outside of the studio at all times.
- During the Winter months, please bring a change of shoes to help us keep the studio floors and equipment clean.
- Please avoid the use of heavy perfumes or colognes in the studios.
- Do I need to bring my own mat?
Studios are equipped with mats for your use, but many members choose to bring their own mat, if desired.
- What if I have an injury or physical limitation?
Proper medical clearance is recommended for all health issues before starting an exercise routine. Please notify your instructor if you have any physical issues, such as a bad knee, ankle, shoulder, etc. so proper modifications can be provided.
- Is the equipment cleaned regularly?
We ask all participants to wipe down their equipment after each use using our disinfectant wipes.
- Do you have a cell phone policy?
Yes, cell phone use is prohibited in the studios. Photos or videos are not allowed unless approved, in advance, with our Group Exercise Director.
- When can I enter the studio for class?
Please allow the previous class to finish and put equipment away before entering the studio for the next class.
- How do I access the on demand classes in the studios?
When the studios are free, our On Demand classes can be accessed on the iPads found in the studios. We also have a schedule of classes that will play automatically on the TV’s. Please visit our “On Demand” section for more information.
- Who can I talk to about a specific Group Exercise question?
Please contact our Group Exercise Director, Samantha McCarthy or our Group Exercise Manager, Deb Condon, if you have specific questions.
978-373-1596 ext. 121
978-373-1596 ext. 150