Heart Health Fun Facts
- Heart Disease is your greatest health threat (and is greater danger than breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men)
- Regular exercise is the single most important key to heart health
- The beating sound of your heart is the clap of your valve leaflets opening and closing
- Each minute your heart pumps 1.5 gallons of blood
- The heart is a coordinated machine. The right side pumps blood into your lungs while the left side pumps it back into the body.
- Control your heart health through diet, exercise and managing stress
- Your heart beats 100,000 times per day.
- Modesty prompted the invention of the stethoscope. Before its existence the doctor had to press their ears directly to each patient's chest.
- The number of heart attacks peaks on Christmas Day followed by December 26th and New Year's Day.
- People really can have a broken heart. Sometimes life situations can cause temporary heart failure.
- The more education and health awareness you have the lower your risk of heart disease.
- The normal heart valve is about the size of a half dollar.
- The first heart pacemakers plugged into a wall socket.
- Happiness and a strong sense of emotional vitality will help lower your risk of heart disease.
Check back next week or follow us on Instagram for more heart health fun facts.
Enter your information below to receive information on how you can get started at Cedardale Health & Fitness.